Join us Friday, October 13th, for an evening of music and lectures with Hisham Mayet of legendary label Sublime Frequencies.
Mayet brings a double header of rare and intimate sounds and images gathered from explorations around the world.
Beginning with a DJ set of international folk and pop music gathered in both urban and rural frontiers from his extensive music collection gathered throughout travels and explorations in Southeast Asia, North Africa, West Africa, and the Middle East, Mayet will then lecture on his latest project based on in-depth collaboration with pioneering composer and musicologist Charles Duvelle.
Plus, San-Francisco-based artist Nate Boyce will be on site with the US premiere of his newest multimedia performance work, 'Kaoss Etudes' in a special ticketed event. Watch this space for details.
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
• ’'Outernational,' 6-7:30 pm in Wilsey Court
• Lecture and listening: Charles Duvelle – Disques OCORA, 7:30-8:15pm in Piazzoni Murals Room
• ‘The New World,' by Rudy Lemcke, October Artist-in-Residence, in the artist studio
• *New* Focused mindfulness tours of permanent collection
• Chat to community reps, 6-8pm in 'Revelations: Art from the African American South' and 'Teotihuacan' galleries
• Mixed-media art-making stations
For more information visit: deyoungmuseum.org/fridays
Find us @deyoungmuseum on Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag,#thenightisdeYoung.
Please note: Public programs and permanent collection admission are free. Gallery admission to 'Teotihuacan: City of Water, City of Fire' is provided free, courtesy of NEH. Additional fees apply for drinks and dining.
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.