James Syhabout Invites Guest Chefs to Commis
David Kinch of Manresa and Aaron Martinez of Elaia are among the participating chefs.
Image courtesy of Commis
Oakland's only Michelin-starred restaurant, Commis, is celebrating its tenth anniversary this summer with an exciting series of dinners.
Executive chef and owner James Syhabout has invited his friends and mentors to cook alongside him at Commis on selected nights between July 10 and August 15.
Tickets start at $210 per person (with an optional $120 beverage pairing) and can be purchased here.
The guest chefs represent some of today's most talked-about culinary talent.
Here's the lineup:
• July 10 & 11 - Aaron Martinez of Elaia (St. Louis, MO)
• July 17 & 18 - Carlos Salgado of Taco Maria (Costa Mesa)
• July 24 & 25 - Josef Centeno, Orsa & Winston, and Bäco Mercat of Bar Amá (Los Angeles)
• July 31- Justin Cogley of Aubergine at L’Auberge Carmel (Carmel-by-the-Sea)
• August 1 - David Kinch of Manresa (Los Gatos)
• August 7 - Jeremy Fox of Birdie G’s, Rustic Canyon, and Tallula’s (Los Angeles)
• August 8 - Mourad Lahlou of Mourad, Amara (San Francisco)
• August 14 & 15 - Chris Kajioka of Senia and Bar Maze (Honolulu, HI)